Friday, March 5, 2010

Feeling sad

Well we sold Dozer yesterday. I am missing his snuggles, but it was nice to be able to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night without worrying about the dog. We had him for 2 weeks and I still could not leave his sight without him barking insanely. He was such a sweetie and I really enjoying snuggling him, but was unable to get anything done because I couldn't leave the room without his horrible barking. I also found pee all over my bedspread the other day. I am assuming while I was sick and unable to bring him to the bathroom with me he peed on the bed. Aside from the barking he would pee/poop anytime I felt him. I wish people would just be honest about the animals they sell. I never would have bought him if I knew he had major separate anxiety. I told the woman ALL if "bad issues" and she still wanted him. He is actually just down the road a ways at the Spirit Lake Marina. He will go to work with her each day and keep her company. She said there are very few places she couldn't take him and thought he would be fine. There are just too many things we like to do where I can't take a dog and having him SO upset when we are gone just doesn't seem right. So I am feeling sad, but I know it is for the best.

2 comments:

Daisygirl said...

Aww....so sorry you are feeling sad! I think you did the right thing. :)

Wendy said...

Oh Brenda, I'm sorry. :( He did sound like a real sweetheart, but you did the right thing. Sounds like he found a wonderful new Mama. *hugs*