Sunday, September 28, 2008

On bike trip down the Hiawatha





On Saturday Mom, Kylee, Ethan, Tucker, and I went and biked the Hiawatha Trail. It is a 16 mile bike ride through the mountains. It starts off going through about a 1 mile long, very dark tunnel. Mom said the tunnel was very light compared to last time, but I really didn't enjoy it much. You wear head lamps, but it is still kind of freaky. There are several other short tunnels and some very high tressels that you bike over. It was a nice ride, but I am very out of shape. My left knee was pretty achy by the end of the ride. We took the shuttle back to the top and it takes about 30 minutes. The ride is just long enough for your muscles to tighten up. We had to go back through that awful tunnel to get back to the car. It really was a nice ride though. The day was gorgeous.

Rusty didn't want to go on the ride so he stayed home and cleaned the chimney, installed power to the chicken coop, cut an opening for the chickens, and other household tasks. He also gave me a nice back massage when we got home. He is such a nice hubby!

Today I have chores to get done. Fall is here and it is time to winterize.

No comments: