I just sent Tucker to bed so he is rested for his first day of school tomorrow. The jitters are finally setting in and he is getting a bit nervous. Funny he isn't nervous about class, but about buying his lunches. He doesn't know where the lunch room is and where to purchase his lunches. I offered to take him to school so we could find out where his class, lunchroom, etc. are, but alas he is a 6th grader and my offer has been rejected. lol Easy solution would be to pack a lunch tomorrow, but the boy wants hot lunch. Unless it is much better than when Ethan was in school that may be short lived.
I am having mixed feelings of course. Tucker has rarely been away all day and I am going to miss him. I hope that this is a good choice for him and I think he is looking forward to it, but it still makes me a bit sad. We have had our ups and down schooling at home and we butt heads, but I wouldn't change the last 6 years of teaching him at home for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment