Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Big Scare

Well this morning was full of exercise and fear!!! My cousin and I are meeting at the high school to run the stairs on Tuesday and Thursday. Tucker has joined us this week and wanted to hike the hill (Rathdrum mountain) that Terra has been telling him about. So after we got Josh, Terra's youngest, and we met at the base of the mountain. We hiked to the top, which is quite exhausting, though the boys made it look easy. Back down is steep and slippery so I wanted to take the road and the boys were going to take the trail. It really shouldn't have been a big deal. Head straight down and you will come to the road! Well Terra and I get to the cars and no boys!!! They should have been back well before us. So she went to the City Park and I went towards Hidden Valley Road neither of us see the boys. We still weren't panicking, but getting concerned. She drove up to her place to see if maybe they went there, but no. We were getting worried now. I had been up the mountain several times and calling them. I called Rusty back to let him know we still hadn't found them. He called about 20 guys to come search with us, in the meantime, Terra called 911. I was heading to a friends that lived near the park when I remembered I had her number so I called and asked her to look by the park again. They found the boys as they were coming through the park and drove them over. The boys had gotten lost and ended up way to the left. Thankfully when they made it off the mountain they knew where they were and headed towards the park. They saw a bear while they were up there too. When I saw them I broke down and started crying. It took Terra and I a while to calm down and not feel so shaky. Rusty had to call off all his friends and Terra was still on the phone with 911 when she saw us so they called off the search too. 911 did tell Terra that it is never too soon to call when it is a child. That was enough excitement for me for the year, thank you very much. You wouldn't think living in Rathdrum we would have been so scared, but we were. We had passed some unsavory looking characters in a car on the way down, we were worried they could have fallen and gotten hurt, we were well... just worried!

No comments: